About Me

Hey Guys! I'm Brittany :) Im 17 years old and one of God's children! Nothing can ever take away who I forever am in Him. Through this blog i hope to shine my light to the darkness! The swan symbolizes what i want to become, start as a "ugly duckling" small, and unstable to growing into a beautiful young lady with a quiet and gentle matter, which is very precious in the sight of God! That's my hearts desire As you wish!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blessing Advice-Proverbs 2

Today has been a good day. I just feel like God has made me more alive! I'm no longer just doing the motions and wondering how i can have a closer relationship with Him. I'm making it happen, it's so real to me for the first time. Ultimately i view him as my Lord & Saivour, but now i see Him as my friend, my daddy, and my first true love :)
Proverb 2 says:
Who do we search for advice from? When we get the advice can we truly discern if it is good or bad? The Lord says that if we seek Him, He will give us the wisdom and knowlede, and common sense we need. All we have to do is ask, becauase He is the only one who truly can help us. He takes care of us and shields us from the evil's of the world. Once we listen to God and actually open our ears to hear wisdom, we can have understanding. When we truly understand ful heartedly we will be able to discern advice, and see temptations clearly. Listenign to God lets us gain and appreciate knowledge, we learn to understand and therefore we are wise. We will be wise in our actions, thoughts and judgements. Not only are we wise when we listen to God but we are blesed. Luke 11:28 says-But He said," More than that blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it." We are obedient when we listen, and therefore blessed to be obedient. God's blessing will pour down on us when we are obedient unto Him. We have to:
1)Listen to God
2)Read God's word
3)And Obey it!
When we seek and obey Him first everything else falls into place. We are blessed in riches, fame, love, education, and friendships, and happiness when we obey God first. Were liek a "blessing magnet", most men and women in the bible who were blessed in any of these ways were walking hand in hand with God in obedience. 1 Samuel 15:22 "To obey is better than sacrifice."

No comments: