About Me

Hey Guys! I'm Brittany :) Im 17 years old and one of God's children! Nothing can ever take away who I forever am in Him. Through this blog i hope to shine my light to the darkness! The swan symbolizes what i want to become, start as a "ugly duckling" small, and unstable to growing into a beautiful young lady with a quiet and gentle matter, which is very precious in the sight of God! That's my hearts desire As you wish!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Dangerous Promises- Proverbs 6

This was yesterday's quiet time, i just didn't get the chance to type it. I was struggling all weekend with a decsion. It could have been really simple yet, girls and their emotions make "mountains out of mole hills." I was struggling with choosing my heart's desire over a freinds. I wanted desperately to make the friend happy, and not hate me, to please them. Not taking in consideration of my own feelings or heart. They asked something of me that i wasn't sure i could promise, and if i did promise it, i knew it only to be a placeholder. It wouldn't stay true forever and that was deceitful of me. I felt really selfish, and deceitful, i wasn't being loyal, not at all. How could i possibly sleep knowing i was hurting a friend? Im not a mean girl, i don't act out in wickedness to hurt someone, i care about others a lot, i don't give up on someone when they hurt me, i hold onto them. Well, to please the friend i made the promise.
However Proverbs 7 says:
vs. 1-3 "My son, if you become surety for your friend, if you have shaken hands in pledge for a stranger, you are snared by the words of your mouth; you are taken by the words of your mouth. So do this, my son, deliver yourself; for you have come into the hand of your friend: Go and humble yourseld; plead with your friend."
When we make a promise to a friend we are basically playing God. Both the asker and the promiser are playing God. Telling God what he can and cannot do. Who are we to stand in the way of God? We can't promise someone something, because we ultimately don't know what the future holds. God has written our story out and knows tommorrow. If we decide "oh God sorry i promised i wouldnt, or i would then its liek blowing off Gods will for us." Were limiting God, playing God and that's worse then going after our own heart or trying to please someone. We have to tell people im sorry but i cant promise you that, i dont know the future. Were not accountable to people on earth only God. Now that is not to say go and defile against a friend or rub it in their face. Just say it in kind words, and still hold onto them, love them and be honest with them. Don't try to hurt them, just be liek this is the middle ground between my feelings and yours. Letting go and letting God! One of the things God hates the most is a lying toungue. If i were to promise the person what they asked and secretly did what i was asked not to thats lying and being deceitful. So i delivered myself from the promise and was liek it will happen when and only in God. So no need to worry for today or tommorrow, or ever for that matter. God knows and he'll show!

No comments: