About Me

Hey Guys! I'm Brittany :) Im 17 years old and one of God's children! Nothing can ever take away who I forever am in Him. Through this blog i hope to shine my light to the darkness! The swan symbolizes what i want to become, start as a "ugly duckling" small, and unstable to growing into a beautiful young lady with a quiet and gentle matter, which is very precious in the sight of God! That's my hearts desire As you wish!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wisdom in marriage

Well, this doesn't pertain to me really, so i don't have a story to go along but ive watched enough lifetime tv to know this goes on. Adultery as the Lord calls it and cheating as the world calls it. Society dims the term down to a sweater sounding version to make it appear its "okay"..that it's "normal". But newsflash it isn't! When we get married and say our vows to the person, were gving ourselves over to them and only them. You don't share them with another person or give yourself to another person when your betrothed. It's wrong, and you will get caught by the Lord.
Proverbs 5 says:
vs. 20-"For why should you, my son, be enraptured by an immoral woman, and be embraced in the arms of a seductress."
Being wise comes in a marriage too. Wisdom helps you to be faithful in a marriage. A lot of men and women these days cheat on their spouse, if they're not "getting what they want at home, they'll find it else where." That's the WRONG attitude to have! In verses 15-20 it tells just how to love and cherish one another in a marriage..(you can go read that part). Ever heard the saying "What they don't know won't hurt them?" Well, in theory the spouse may never know that you cheated on them, but you, the woman/man you were with and most of all the Lord knows! If the spouse doesn't know whats going on then in theory it won't hurt them, but surely it will hurt you!
vs. 11- "And when you mourn at last when your flesh and body are consumed, and say: "How i have hated instruction and my heart despised correction."
Adultery comes with a price. You will be caught..caught by the Lord.
vs.22-"His own iniquities entrap the wicked mand and he is caught in the cords of his sin.
vs.23-"He shall die for the lack of instruction, and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray."

As christians when we marry we make a promise at the altar, before God, before friends and families, and to our loved one. We promise to give ourselves completely and ONLY to them. We don't promise to give ourselves and then share ourselves, or let the other be shared. No one else is entitled to get the promise..not the secretary at work, not the young babysitter, not the handsome lawyer, or multibillionare boss. We are no one's but our spouse's.

2 comments:

The Reinolds said...

Hey Brittany,
I've enjoyed reading your thoughts while studying Proverbs. Something to make you think about wisdom in marriage.. Can you commit adultery against your future spouse before you meet them? Specifically, how much affection shown to a boyfriend other than your future spouse is cheating on your future spouse? (I don't know anything about your dating relationships so this isn't pointed straight at you..)

I know that I spent way, way too many kisses on some one other than my husband and I know the way I feel about the kisses (hugs, letters, etc..) he shared with his ex-girfriends.

Just some thing to make you think. :)

Brittany said...

That'a a good point! I have my own theory on that, i think me and mel share it lol. we read it in a book, check out my next one in Proverbs 7 and you can read it. Thanks for the making me think it did, didn't see that till i read this and then read proverbs 7. :)