About Me

Hey Guys! I'm Brittany :) Im 17 years old and one of God's children! Nothing can ever take away who I forever am in Him. Through this blog i hope to shine my light to the darkness! The swan symbolizes what i want to become, start as a "ugly duckling" small, and unstable to growing into a beautiful young lady with a quiet and gentle matter, which is very precious in the sight of God! That's my hearts desire As you wish!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Trusting & Loyalty- Proverbs 3

Well, yesterday this was my quiet time and coincendtentally enough i was faced with a situation. It wasn't easy, i think it was a test and im not sure how i measured up to God. But i can say i let go of my desires and wants to not hurt a friend. I felt so selfish and basically watched a friend hurt because of a choice i wanted to make. so i bottle up my feelings and selfishness and did the right thing. I was loyal, even when it was hard! I don't feel peace mainly because my selfish pride didn't get what she wanted, but i decided to put someone else above me. I beleive God will honor my promise, because He hasn't let go of me or broke his promise to me.
Proverbs 3 says:
vs. 5-"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."
When we trust in God and seek His path for us, we will have peace in our hearts.
vs.1-" My son, do not forget my law, But let your heart keep my commands; for the length of days and long life and peace they will add to you."Good people usually make good friendships. In a great friendship loyalty is the foundation. We usually treasure friendships with people who stuck with us when the going got tough. Loyalty means your committed when its tough. You look past little things and forgive, forgive, forgive. You go the extra mile. People will see your loyalty and admire you.
Proverbs 17:17- "A friend loves at all times, a brother is born for adversity."
Proverbs 18:24- "A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.'
Proverbs 27:5- "Open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed."
A person who finds wisdom and gains understanding is more profitable than the riches of the earth. We are more precious "than rubies." Friendships are valuable, but at times your going to fight with one another, love one another, things happen. But God is always there! He sticks closer to us than a best friend.
vs. 26 "For the Lord will be your confidence..."
When we life a Godly life he promises us two things:
1) He will lead us to the right path
He will show us what we are supposed to do with our life, the stops and gos, turns and slows. He's the ultimate stoplight!
2)He will clear our path of obstacles
He will fill in the holes, smooth the rough edges, so we dont trip up.
At the end of the day he knows our next step, we don't. we have to completely trust in Him and walk hand in hand. Friendships comes with being loyal..ever heard "To have a friend one must be a friend?" You don't let go when they wrong you, you forgive and hold on to them, show them Christ love through you. Don't give up on the ones who need you the most. For we are the most precious treasure when we hold on when all the world lets go. Keep holding on to Him and his children, they need Godly friends to uplift and love them like he loves them.

No comments: