About Me

Hey Guys! I'm Brittany :) Im 17 years old and one of God's children! Nothing can ever take away who I forever am in Him. Through this blog i hope to shine my light to the darkness! The swan symbolizes what i want to become, start as a "ugly duckling" small, and unstable to growing into a beautiful young lady with a quiet and gentle matter, which is very precious in the sight of God! That's my hearts desire As you wish!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kissing Dating Goodbye

Okay so i haven't read that book yet but im highly thinking upon doing so come soon. But i came up with the idea for myself for this year. Since New Year's Eve God just began revealing things to me that i have been blinded too. I realized over the course of this past year i sorta wasted it away, my life really. I was just kinda there, not really living at all. I felt like a zombie so to speak, kinda just going through the motions of life in a fog, not really living. I had gone through a lot since last January and i never let it all go. Some people know, and others don't fully understand. I went through a lot of heartache, espcecially disapointment. Not only in others but myself. Through a breakups, fights at home and unsociable with friends i went into a downward spiral, even leaving behind who truly mattered. I didn't want to be around anyone, i just wanted lonliness, and trust me that wish was granted. my friends told me i was unsociable and i was liek a hermit never coming out, and in truth i was. I just feel so wasted, like how could i let a storm knock me down so much, that i felt as if i wasn't whole, living. It wasn't until New Years Eve night that it hit me how much of my Junior year i wasted. I just finally after all the tugging gave into the Lord. I was brought to my knees taht night and many more following. I just finally let the heart go, and gave it to God. I realized i turned my back on everyone, wanting know one to heal me and in the process i died a little inside. I became someone, a new someone. It was unfamiliar and it felt liek walking in someone else's shoes. But then after prayers and revelations God filled me up, gave me my strength back. I felt liek i could breathe again. He just kinda showed me that i was holding on to hopless hope, trying to carry the past and my dreams with me to "try" to become someone for Him. But oh no did i fall short! He told me my dreams had to be released he had bigger plans for my life than to waste it away in heartache. He wanted me to fully let go and trust in Him. And that's exactly what i did. I put it all in God's hand, and he has created this glow, this ember from within to burn away everything but still keep fire for Him. God has deffiantely revealed some mighty plans he has for my life, and that dating is not all that it is hyped to be. So yes, i kissed it goodbye. Why try to strive to conform to some mediocore society? Who says girls aren't "whole" if they don't have "true love"? Let me tell you..your not going to find that now and why waste it on half of the real thing? Like giving yourself up..you then let that treasure be taken and you have nothing to give in the future. Just the same with your heart and guarding it, why give it a way to some teenage fling when you can have the real romance that God has created for us to endure when were ready. So that's what im doing finally..waiting and praying and seeking God's will above mine. Becoming the woman God made me and has tried for so long to help me become, so heartedly sold out for Him and with no distractions! Guys ARE DISTRACTIONS (fyi) been there done that, only leads to heartache, disapointment and regret. I'm not going to be broken any longer, because God is going to use me! So that's where i KISS dating goodbye! Honestly i haven't felt so alive and close to God in a really long time..as a friend said and i quote now "I'm Home!" :)
"Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say on the LORD!" Psalm 27:14
~Brittany~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dating relationships within the context of school can be used by Satan to be a major distraction from you relationship with God. Glad you have been set free from that and glad to hear that you're "home".

Lyndsay Almeida said...

hey brittany! i love the verse you used at the end of this post. God wants the absolute best for you, so wait on him to give it to you. i wish i had learned that at your age!!