About Me

Hey Guys! I'm Brittany :) Im 17 years old and one of God's children! Nothing can ever take away who I forever am in Him. Through this blog i hope to shine my light to the darkness! The swan symbolizes what i want to become, start as a "ugly duckling" small, and unstable to growing into a beautiful young lady with a quiet and gentle matter, which is very precious in the sight of God! That's my hearts desire As you wish!

Monday, January 26, 2009

the ol' hinge theology

Goofy title I know, but it's interesting. In a book series I'm currently reading called " Katie Weldon series" a topic about God opening and closing doors came up. Katie Weldon is a college student who doesn't really know what she wants to be or major in. A job is offered to her an RA position for the girl dorm. When she discussed this with resident director she said " even though this is what I want to do, if Gid closed the door I'll understand it isn't Gods will for me." the resident advisor then said agh the ol' hinge theology meaning Gods will seems to hinge on which way the door of oppurtinity swings. He told her that God isn't limited to expressing himself through open or shut doors. So Katie then asked if it was presumptuous to limit God to opening or closing doors, then what's a better way to figure out what he wants when you have to make a big decision. So the RD without saying anything walked away from the door leaving Katie behind went and sat on the couch across the room and mouthed something to Katie. She couldn't hear her so Katie walked across the room to hear her answer. The RA explained that was a visual answer to what God wants from us, if we want to know what he has to say we have to follow him. If your waiting on the door and keep asking you won't hear him only until you get closer to him is when you can hear him. This was considered " hot on his heals" theology. Like when Jesus led the disciples for the three or so years they were together, from the outside their path was confusing but Jesus obviously had a plan. He saidhe accomplished everything the Father sent him to do. All the disciples had to do was follow hot on his heels and trust him. Like some of you I was all about waiting for God to open a door to make an opportunity come swinging my way to serve him or see what he wants for my life. This passage in the story just spoke to me, I can't wait by the door I have leave hope behind and follow the Lord and he'll show me more clearly. Be " hott on his heels". How can we ever really appreciate somone if we don't take the time to know them? Trust is the key in following theLord, knowing he knows the ending chapter and were only at the hook of the story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true. Thanks for the encouragement. We hardly think about the little things. But the little things are pieces of the big things. Keep building for Him.

Melody said...

That was one of my favorite things that I got out of that book. :)